2014 has been an odd year. There have been several bereavements, quite a bit of time doing hospital visits, several members of the family getting bad news and a load of stress in my general vicinity.
Personally though, I’ve been fine.
And the year was not without its highlights. Here’s a few of them:
- My super-agent, Juliet Mushens got me a book deal with Harper Voyager at the start of the year and I got to meet my super-editor, Natasha Bardon.*
- Tea and Jeopardy was nominated for a Hugo award!
- I got to go to a party at the top of the gherkin.
- I did my first audio narration for Cast of Wonders.
- I sat in the Iron Throne.
- I got a story into the Halloween edition of Pseudopod.
- Jaime Jones designed the cover for The Vagrant and it was full of win!
- Thanks to a visit from the D&D fairy, I’m going to get to actually play in a D&D game for the first time in years!
The other joy was getting to meet so many new people at conventions and see familiar faces. This year has also seen a deepening of one or two relationships into really good new friendships, something I find increasingly rare as I get older.
*This is literally one of the BEST THINGS EVER.